Thursday 19 December 2013

Making my Video- Costs and Caps

An issue arose during recording my footage from Call of Duty. There is a cap/limit to how many films you can have saved for uploading to the internet- 8 films. This limited how many edited clips I could have. What's worse is that all footage must be under 2 minutes long, meaning I couldn't merge some of the footage I had done into less videos. This presented me with two options to solve this issue:

1. I could upload clips of less than two minutes for editing, and then delete them afterwards. The issue with this being I would be losing the original footage permanently, meaning if there was an error with YouTube after I deleted my footage, it would become problematic getting that footage or anything similar again; costing time.
2. There is an option to purchase an upgraded file limit from the Call of Duty store, costing £1.45, allowing for storage of 40 clips over the previous 8 clips. This would mean I could store everything from the test shots and the actual footage I will be using.

In the end, I decided to fork out for the upgraded capacity so I could store everything. It will give me more freedom when getting said footage from the game, allowing me to experiment more and save it.



*Other Costs*
Other costs that arose during pre-production included the cost of the face paint and blood. This amounted to about £7

No comments:

Post a Comment